My Virtual Friends

I am daily inspired and deeply touched through other women who blog. Some of these women I know personally, and others I only know through the blogosphere (though many of them feel like good friends, even though we’ve never spoken and they probably do not know I exist). My interest in other blogs started during my pregnancy, when my friend Megan directed me to MckMama's blog to read about the incredible story of her sweet son Stellan, who, at the time, was fighting for his life due to a congenital heart defect. Stellan’s story is truly incredible, and I encourage you to read it here.

The blogosphere has really opened up the world to me and has brought me into a virtual community I never knew existed. I won’t list many of the blogs I follow, because not everyone has the public presence that MckMama does, and they may want to keep it that way. I will say that I’ve learned so much about being a mother, wife, and Christian through reading about the musings and the day-to-day stories of these women. I’ve learned that I’m not alone in the struggles I’ve had adjusting to motherhood. I’ve learned to put my own struggles into perspective after learning what so many of these women have dealt with or are still dealing with. I have learned how to have a joyful, grateful attitude in the face of hardship, and I’ve learned that it’s okay to openly admit my failings, sometimes with humor and sometimes with sorrow, but ultimately with the goal of accepting them and becoming a better person through it all.

I am grateful for women like MckMama who bare their souls and invite readers into their lives. The inspiration I’ve gained from these blogs is actually what motivated me to start blogging again, though I don’t have any illusions of grandeur as far as my readership or scope of influence go. I simply want to write about my life, using this in many ways as an outlet for my thoughts and a way to see myself more clearly. You will, no doubt, see references in future posts about other blogs that have made a particular impression on me. Maybe, if I’m lucky, something I say will inspire you the way these women have inspired me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Post a Comment