Fox just cannot decide whether he wants to embrace or reject his naps. Most days, he’ll settle in and fall asleep taking his bottle for his morning nap(which has been the norm for, oh, 4 months or so). During the last few weeks, he has decided to consistently reject his afternoon nap. He’ll fuss because he’s tired, and I’ll take him up to his room and give him a bottle. He’ll stretch out and close his eyes while he eats, and then, when I think he’s almost asleep, his little eyes will pop open, he’ll flip over on his belly, and he’ll flash me a huge smile. That’s when I know the nap is done for. The thing that puzzles me most is how he will alternate between rejecting his afternoon nap and his morning nap. Some mornings, such as today, he’ll pull his little flip-smile routine in the morning instead of the afternoon, which can be hard for me since I’m counting on that morning nap myself to catch up on the zzz’s I missed the night before thanks to my little munchkin. I’d be happy if we went down to only one nap, but the problem is he still seems to need two naps. Every day after his skipped nap he becomes exhausted and fussy, but he refuses to go to sleep. So I’m at a bit of a loss. I know some other dear mommy friends are going through something similar with their little ones right now, so it helps a bit to know I’m not alone.

But, oh, how I miss the days when he would sleep for a blissful hour or two twice a day.

4 Comments:

  1. Lela said...
    Have you tried consolidating? Keep him up all morning - you'll have to deal with crankies for a few days - and then take a long mid-day nap?
    That's what James did when he went down to 1 nap. Bonus, he was exhausted at bed time so he slept longer at night.

    Remember, you're the boss.
    Lala said...
    Ha - sometimes I wonder who the boss actually is around here.
    julie said...
    Oh, man! I just blogged about this yesterday. So frustrating, isn't it?! I think Piper's actually going down to one now. Sad.
    Lala said...
    Julie, your letter to 1st nap cracked me up and made my day. Though I am sorry you had to write it!

Post a Comment



Post a Comment