I really kind of meant to do these posts on Fridays. But as I've been under the false impression all day today that it was actually Friday, I figured what the heck. I've been carrying around a journal so I can record these little gifts, but I'll admit that I haven't been great this week about keeping my eyes open and counting these blessings. I have such a hard time relinquishing my hold on the "busyness" that has defined me for so long. So here's hoping that this coming week will find me more aware of all the things I have to be thankful for.

This week I am thankful for:

21. finally understanding the meaning behind a word my son has been saying for months
22. waking up slowly with my husband's arms around me
23. cherry blossoms
24. orange zest
25. sitting with a dear friend and watching our boys playing in the yard
26. that the Man of all Sorrows never forgot what sorrow is carried by the hearts that He bought
27. a restaurant-quality, home-cooked, SIT-DOWN dinner with my husband last night
28. PBS
29. eskimo kisses
30. that it still wouldn't be enough time
31. holding an hours-old baby girl
32. unexpected and rare toddler hugs

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I love your list - I need to take the time to do a list like this. I find I tend to remember the frustrations of the day instead of all the "things" I have - a loving husband, a sweet baby, a hot meal... Thanks for helping me remember not to let the frustrating get in the way of seeing the wonderful.

Post a Comment



Post a Comment