Sanctity of Life

Yesterday marked 38 years since the Supreme Court reached a decision the case of Roe vs. Wade, which resulted in legalizing abortion, in any stage of pregnancy, in the United States. At our church, we observe Sanctity of Life Sunday, as it's been dubbed, to bring attention to this great evil of our time. There are so many things I could say on this topic. When I was just a childless woman, the very idea of abortion horrified me. Now, as a mother who has carried a living miracle in my womb and experienced the joy that miracle has brought me since his conception, "horror" is a mild way to describe my reaction to abortion. I was going to write a very long (and probably jumbled) blog post about this issue, but then I was introduced to someone who has a much stronger voice than I do in this arena - a voice that, according to the laws of our country, should have been silenced before it could ever be heard. In place of my telling you about the horrors of abortion, I will let Gianna Jessen - an abortion survivor- say it all. Please listen.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Post a Comment