So, Fox is teething (yes....still). My poor kid still only has one tooth that has erupted, but I can see the one above it trying very hard to push through the gum. This, of course, results in a grumpy baby. I've been giving him teething tablets every day, and that seems to do fairly well. But this week he's been waking up insanely early (between 4:30 and 5:30), and Mike and I thought that maybe a dose of acetaminophen might help him be more comfortable and therefore help him sleep longer. Since pretty much every infant Tylenol product has been recalled, I had picked up some Target-brand infant drops to have on hand in case Fox started running a fever. He's never had them before, but I assumed they'd be pretty comparable (in taste and effectiveness) to Tylenol. Not so. Apparently, the dye-free cherry flavor Up & Up infants' pain relief drops taste like death. Fox took one taste of the dropper and proceeded to throw up everything (or so I thought) that he'd had for supper. We cleaned him up and calmed him down, and I sat down to give him his bedtime bottle. He took about half of it, leaned forward, and threw up again. And again. And again. It was scary to see how much stuff came out of my little boy's belly. Poor baby! We cleaned him up and calmed him down again, called the doctor, and talked with a triage nurse who gave us protocol for what to do if he continued throwing up (which would indicate a virus). Thankfully, he didn't throw up again. He slept soundly through the night, and he has felt fine ever since.
Post a Comment